- Providing professional development opportunities through seminars, workshops and other activities, through the Professional Development Committee.
- Encouraging research.
- Contributing to the development of Australasian and International Standards with respect to simulation.
- Liaising with international simulation organisations and other like-minded groups.
- Developing capability statements and demonstrations.
- Sponsoring student scholarships in relation to simulation.
- Advocating for continued development and use of simulation based practices in education, training, skills development and research.
- Working with the Simulation Australasia Thought Leaders Group to influence decision-makers in government and elsewhere with respect to simulation practice, policy, legislation and regulation.
Karen Blackmore, James McRae